Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute filtered static route with route-map

wmtopahwmtopah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to redistribute a filtered(classless) static route to ospf with a route-map? I want to exclude subnets with my route-map. Here is a little config..

vlan 1 ip address 10.0.0.0 /24

access-list 1 permit 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255

route-map test-map deny 10

match ip address 1

ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 Vlan1

router ospf 1

redistribute static subnets route-map test-map

I got this output:

"Only classful networks will be redistributed"

when i apply the route-map, ospf dosent redistribute any information about the 10.0.0.0/24 net at all.

best regards

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tommy

The first thing that I notice is that your route map does not have anything that will permit routes to be redistributed. There is only one instance of the route map and that specifies deny whatever matches access-list 1 and there are no other statements that would permit anything.

In my experience the message about only classful networks will be redistributed is generated when the redistribute command does not include the subnets keyword. I see it in what you posted but are you sure that it was in what you put into the router config (no typo mistakes or anything that might have changed it).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ok.. but do you know if it?s posslible to filter a static route? what i want to accomplish is to make one static route (/16) and then exclude several subnets with my route-map.

do you hade a config example that works?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card