Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution Problem

we have few sites connected over two different vpn tunnels one is over IPSec other is on plain GRE without IPSec due to ISP Constraints, both were working fine.

now some remote Locations connected to one ISP having problem at my VPN router.

i can reach remote location 1 from my core switch, but not to the other one, while i check the tunnels on vpn router bother up and can be reached through vpn router.

i am having rip between my vpn router and remote location and OSPF between core and vpn router.

the configuration is like

vpn router :

router ospf 10
 redistribute rip subnets
 network 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 distribute-list 10 in
!
router rip
 version 2
 redistribute ospf 10 metric 5
 network 172.16.0.0
 network 172.30.0.0
 no auto-summary

Remote Location 1:

router rip
 version 2
 network 172.16.0.0
  no auto-summary

Remote Location 2 :

router rip

version 2

network 172.30.0.0

no auto-summary

this was working config, but now its giving problem all of a sudden, which i couldn't get the reason.

2 Replies 2

Please tell us which one is working IPSEC or GRE vpn?

If IPSec is not working then you have to make clear, which type of this vpn, gre over ipsec or simple ipsec. If it is simple IPSec then your routing updates are not reaching the across the tunnel. you have two options:

1) Static routes

2) implement GRE over IPsec

Regards,

Kazim

"Don't forget to select correct answer and mark as correct for helpful posts"

Hello Looks like possible split horizon issue - you could try disabling split horizon or use unicast rip routing instead of multicast Option 1) Router rip No ip split horizon Option-2 ) Router rip Passive interface xxx Neigbour x.x.x.x Neigbour x.x.x.x Res Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card