cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution question

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I?m trying to redistribute BGP into EIGRP and am having some problems. I?m not seeing any of the BGP routes in EIGRP.

I have attached the configurations of each router I?m working with. The one labeled ?tazwellopps2851? is the head end router. These two routers are connected via MPLS.

The tazwellopps2851 router is connected to another Cisco router that is terminating several P2P T-1?s. I had to configure a static router pointing to 192.168.4.0 on this router in order to get connectivity to this network.

Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated!!

24 Replies 24

I entered the no synchronization command. But when I do a sh ip bgp it looks the same as when I had synchronization enabled. I have attached the output from this command before and after I entered the no syn command.

What is up with this??

Thanks for explaining to me what the synchronization command is!

Sorry, here's the attachments.

Chris,

The BGP table is posted from the working router. I need the BGP table from fcb_tazewell which is the router with the problem.

This router doesn't run BGP. This router is on the same ethernet network as the tazwellopps router, which is the one doing the BGP to EIGRP redistribution. Tazwellopps router connects via MPLS to the maynardville router, which is sourcing the networks of 10.10.4.0, 10.200.4.0 and 192.168.4.0 via BGP.

Does this help?

Thanks for all of your help with this!!

Chris, see my other reply on your problem. You need to configure iBGP between tazwellopps2851 and Maynardville2811

Can I see the 'show ip bgp' from both routers ?

Edison

I am not sure that synchronization is the issue. As far as I can tell from the configs that I see posted the router that had synch enabled has only one neighbor configured and that is an external neighbor. Synch becomes a factor when there are iBGP routes. An eBGP route should be installed anyway. Do you see something different from what I see?

If 10.200.4.0 is one of the networks that is a problem I wonder if Chris can clarify:

- where is this network located?

- which router is supposed to have the original advertisement? Is it a onnected interface or a static route?

- which protocol makes the original advertisement?

- from the router that originates the route, to which router and by which protocol is the route advertised?

If we can understand the topology better I think we might more quickly find the explanation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

1) 10.10.4.0, 10.200.4.0 and 192.168.4.0 are all on maynardville router.

2) The maynardville should be sending these routes via BGP to tazwellopps2851 which should be redistributing them into EIGRP. 192.168.1.3 should see these EIGRP routes. BGP doesn't run on 192.168.1.3.

3)BGP will make the original advertisement.

Let me know if this helps.

Rick,

I mentioned sync becomes a factor when trying to advertise routes via iBGP, never mentioned eBGP.

However, I failed to notice that both routers are pointing to an eBGP neighbor and never to each other.

From the configs that Chris has posted:

10.200.4.0 is under Maynardville2811

interface Loopback0

ip address 10.200.4.250 255.255.255.0

which is only running the BGP protocol

tazwellopps2851 is running both EIGRP and BGP and he wants the BGP table eBGP and iBGP into EIGRP.

However, now that I have time to look closely, I see the problem. He doesn't have a neighbor statement pointing to Maynardville2811 from tazwellopps2851 and viceversa.

So the question goes back to Chris. In order to have a iBGP peer between these 2 devices, you need to include their respective IP addresses as neighbor under the BGP process. The IP address used must be reachable from one end to the other.

Chris,

Do you see a EIGRP neighbor with 192.168.1.3 on the tazwellopps2851 router?

If you do see a neighbor then can you do a 'show ip eigrp top 10.200.4.0 255.255.255.0' on the router configured with the address of 192.168.1.3

-Sundar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card