Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy with BGP and static route

arjunsawant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all....

I have two location Mumbai and pune configuring with two link using BGP and other static route.From pune i am using static route for both the link.

Pls find the attachment.

I test the config,

At pune when reliance link goes down, traffic automatically diverts to vsnl without any problem.But when Rel came up my pune traffic revert to Rel but from mumbai traffic remains same (using VSNL).

What should i confgure in BGP?

It is bit tricy............but require for me.......Thanx.

7 Replies 7

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Arjun,

unless you want to encrypt traffic I don't understand why you have configured GRE tunnels.

Also you are using GRE keepalive in the tunnels so they should be turned down or up correctly.

if you want to put traffic on tunnels they should be the outgoing interface of static routes.

So I don't understand what is the usage of the tunnels.

Again if you are not preparing for encryption remove everything and use only BGP.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanx for reply...

OK.I will remove Tunnel config.

What should i configure in BGP for my return Rel traffic(Mumbai towards SP) when my Rel link (Pune) came up.

For more clarification,

I want redundancy for Pune betw Rel and VSNL link.

Thanx once again...

Hello Arjun,

according to your network diagram mumbai router should have two eBGP sessions one with ISP1 and ISP2.

after having both eBGP sessions configured and up you can do what you want in BGP:

a) using both links

router bgp 65535

maximum-paths 2

+

hidden command

bgp aspath relax (to be verified)

b) hierarchy of sessions

isp1 preferred when alive

router bgp 65535

neigh isp1 weight 500

Of course it can take some time for convergence.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuslar,

Thanx..............

No, I have only one eBGP session with Rel and ISP2(VSNL) i am using static route.

Thanx...Pls go ahead if any doubt.

Hi Arjun,

Is it possible for you to provide "show ip bgp" when both Reliance and VSNL is up. I am thinking of tweaking BGP metrics to achieve this scenario.

Sairam

Hi....

Pls find the attachment.

Thanx.

I stuck.....

Pls help me.........

Thanx.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card