Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Need your help and expertise very badly. In one building with 4 floor level(i.e. 2nd Floor,1st,ground and basement)I have 24 Catalyst 3750 (48 ports and POE with 1 SFP module)switches and distibuted in the building.

2nd floor - 3 switches connected via stack

1st floor - 8 switches via stack

grnd floor - 7 switches via stack

basement - 6 switches via stack

All the switches are connected to the backbone switch.

My question is, let say in first floor, I have 8 switches and connected via stack cable and all the swithes has one SFP module and connected to fiber patch going through the core switch. If one of the SFP module is connected and active with his own IP address. What can I do to the remaining SFP module which is also connected. Do I have to put a separate IP address for the rest in case the active link will fail. How can I configure to make a redundancy in case one of the switches with the active link will fail.

Need your help very badly.

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

With the inputs provided in ur post i feel you can look out for something inline with L3 Etherchannel which i feel can fit into ur requirement..

for more info do refer this link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008031ffba.html#wp1028985

do revert if you want to check out or explore out various options with more inputs like the routing scheme which you have in place between the stacks and the core switch...

regds

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I just checked the URL and its informative.

But I need more in specific, this is my first time to handle this type of scenario.

If you can guide me step by step would be nice and appreciated.

thanks.

mbjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Are your SFP ports regular switched ports or trunk ports connecting to the core?

Hi,

Actually I am using GLC-SX-MM (GE SFP, LC Connector SX transceiver) in each 3750 switches with 4 gigabitethernet port.

I am using 1 gigabitethernet port to connect to the backbone switch.

I have 8 switches in 1st floor, if one of the gigethernet is active, how can make the other switches with gigabitethernet port to be redundant in case there is a failure.

Need your advice.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: