Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Redundancy

Hi,

kindly check attached.

The network is up and running but without redundancy except fot he PIX failover.

I want to add redundancy at the core (HSRP) for the 3750.

I want also to work on the WAN routers.

he 2811 routers taking care of all the Bramch offices and i have 2 links from 2 different WAN providers.

Can you advice on the configuration that i need to do on the routers as well as the PIX.

on the other hand, i have a 3825 router that provider internet for the head office and a VSAT link to Nigeria, and i want to put a redundant router(2851) in case of any failure. Kindly advice on physical connection adn config... Does HSRP work in this case???

regards

Ffady

1 REPLY

Re: Redundancy

yes here you can have HSRP runing on both ther router and you can have redundancy...by configuring both ther router in same HSRP group you are going to make one router as active router and otehr will remain in the standby router...active router will take care of the forwarding of the data for internet...when the activer router fail or link to the internet on the router fail...standby router will takeover the role of the active router...

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4625/c1244/ccmigration_09186a00804582ae.pdf

above link will clear you design ...

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content