Views
Helpful
Replies

reg config

ramnetindia
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

iam having 2811 router and it was connected to point to multi point for data transfer now iam having 512 broadband from bsnl . now i want data and viedeo at a time already i configured point to point for viedeo its working fine.now i want to access my data and viedeo at atime .

how can do config on 2811.

plz suggest if any changes.

Thanks&Regards

srinivas.D

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Srini

Make sure that you have done the routing properly for your servers or for your respective lan on your router .

If you want to have more info do post out how the remote location is getting connected or what data traffic you are trying to access..

if you have an remote location with servers or local lan which you require to access then do post more clarity on the remote end setup too..

regds

Dear prem,

iam attaching the config of three routers plz see that if any changes plz suggest me.

weighting for ur reply

Srinivas.d

Hi Srini

any reason behind running RIP as your routing protocol here ?

need more clarity on how you are running rip through a broadband connectivity..

regds

Dear prem,

I WIll give total setup

Iam having 3 bran ches in hyderabad i tool mlln point to point connectivity for viedeo conference.

1)main office iam using 2811 router using rip iam accessing the remote user.

2)branch-banjarahills

here iam using 1841 router here also i enabled rip and iam accessing my head office user

3)branch at dilsuknagar

here also iam using 1841 router and i enabled rip to accessing my head office and my banjarahills office.

For point to point connectivity iam using rip.

i think u saw my config at all three locations.

Now i took bsnl broadband and my output is RJ-45 I connected to unmanagble switch iam using.

Now my point is i want nat my broadband ip to one of the 2811 router fastethernet port using same pool i.e 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

For this how can i configure my router. plz give me suggession to make work it.If rip is not necessary plz tell me how can i able to get internet and remote users login(data transfer)

Plz give me best suggession.

Srinivas.D

Hi Srini

If you are having 3 or 4 branches i dont see any value add in going for any routing protocol as such since you will be able to manage the routing properly with normal static routes on the boxes..

regds

Hi srini,

How did you connected the three branches previously without internet connection.

Have you taken adsl connection.

Rgds,

raj

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card