cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REGARDING IOS OF 1841 Routers

openboy_basanta
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody help me what is S1841PB-12411XJ IOS ????? How can i see whether i have that IOS or not ???

I tried

sh ver

sh diag

sh platform

dir flash:

almost everything I knew but I couldnt get that. Can i get the exact keyword S1841PB-12411XJ while typing some commmand.

The issue is we had ordered a 1841 router , the vendor has listed

S1841PB-12411XJ - 1 No.

I couldnt understand this.

Help !!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

show ver is the one.

I *suspect* there may be a typo in there. Add an "I" and you get the order code for IP Base. Note the order code is *NOT* the filename.

The order code is S184IPB-12411XJ

I can normally work back from the file name to IOS, but the other way is more challenging. Post the output of a she ver and I can confirm hat you have. I would expect the filename the image is loaded from to look something like c1841-ipbase-mz.124-11.XJ.bin for that particular version.

That is early deployment software. Unless you have some urgent need for sothig supported only in that software I would not recommend you use it. I would suggest something like IP Base 12.4.17 that should be more stable.

Paul.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The code you referenced does not appear to be a cisco code. So you will never see it in show commands.

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

show ver is the one.

I *suspect* there may be a typo in there. Add an "I" and you get the order code for IP Base. Note the order code is *NOT* the filename.

The order code is S184IPB-12411XJ

I can normally work back from the file name to IOS, but the other way is more challenging. Post the output of a she ver and I can confirm hat you have. I would expect the filename the image is loaded from to look something like c1841-ipbase-mz.124-11.XJ.bin for that particular version.

That is early deployment software. Unless you have some urgent need for sothig supported only in that software I would not recommend you use it. I would suggest something like IP Base 12.4.17 that should be more stable.

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

My IOS is the stable one IP BASE 12.4.17. Thanks a lot.

Bsnta

You are welcome.

P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card