cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REGARDING IOS OF 1841 Routers

openboy_basanta
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody help me what is S1841PB-12411XJ IOS ????? How can i see whether i have that IOS or not ???

I tried

sh ver

sh diag

sh platform

dir flash:

almost everything I knew but I couldnt get that. Can i get the exact keyword S1841PB-12411XJ while typing some commmand.

The issue is we had ordered a 1841 router , the vendor has listed

S1841PB-12411XJ - 1 No.

I couldnt understand this.

Help !!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

show ver is the one.

I *suspect* there may be a typo in there. Add an "I" and you get the order code for IP Base. Note the order code is *NOT* the filename.

The order code is S184IPB-12411XJ

I can normally work back from the file name to IOS, but the other way is more challenging. Post the output of a she ver and I can confirm hat you have. I would expect the filename the image is loaded from to look something like c1841-ipbase-mz.124-11.XJ.bin for that particular version.

That is early deployment software. Unless you have some urgent need for sothig supported only in that software I would not recommend you use it. I would suggest something like IP Base 12.4.17 that should be more stable.

Paul.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The code you referenced does not appear to be a cisco code. So you will never see it in show commands.

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

show ver is the one.

I *suspect* there may be a typo in there. Add an "I" and you get the order code for IP Base. Note the order code is *NOT* the filename.

The order code is S184IPB-12411XJ

I can normally work back from the file name to IOS, but the other way is more challenging. Post the output of a she ver and I can confirm hat you have. I would expect the filename the image is loaded from to look something like c1841-ipbase-mz.124-11.XJ.bin for that particular version.

That is early deployment software. Unless you have some urgent need for sothig supported only in that software I would not recommend you use it. I would suggest something like IP Base 12.4.17 that should be more stable.

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

My IOS is the stable one IP BASE 12.4.17. Thanks a lot.

Bsnta

You are welcome.

P.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card