Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reliable Static Routing Back-up using Object Tracking on 2800 router

Hi,

I was configuring route tracking at a client with several sites to route across GRE tunnels and being able to detect a failure of the main site. To my surprise when configuring a 2800 series router (after sucessfully configuring a 1800 series on the same infrastructure), a 2821 with  IOS 12.4(24)T2 IPbase, the commands for ip sla object tracking don't show up.

The feature navigator says the router supports this, but it just won't take the commands (also tried older versions of the commands such as "ip sla monitor.." and "rtr .." to no avail).

Is there something I am missing ? Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Tiago

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tiago

I wonder if the issue is more about the feature set than it is the version of code. I used the Feature Navigator to compare the IP BASE version of 12.4(24)T2 with the Advanced Security version of 12.4(24)T2 for the 2821. It indicated that a lot of IP SLA features were present in the Advanced Security image but not in the IP Base image.

So I wonder if you change from IP Base to one of the more enhanced feature sets if it would solve your problem. Of course changing from IP Base to a different feature set should be done by purchasing an upgrade license for the software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I did some research myself for

Reliable Static Routing Back-up using Object Tracking

and I added also

Advanced Object Tracking

but this does not influence my search, and I got:

The minimum version shows:

12.4(24)T3

c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.12.4-24.T3

Can you do an upgrade and try?

HTH,

Calin

Tiago

I wonder if the issue is more about the feature set than it is the version of code. I used the Feature Navigator to compare the IP BASE version of 12.4(24)T2 with the Advanced Security version of 12.4(24)T2 for the 2821. It indicated that a lot of IP SLA features were present in the Advanced Security image but not in the IP Base image.

So I wonder if you change from IP Base to one of the more enhanced feature sets if it would solve your problem. Of course changing from IP Base to a different feature set should be done by purchasing an upgrade license for the software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Richard,

You were right the IPbase version is missing the "IP SLAs - ICMP Echo Operation" which is the feature i needed to use the "Reliable Static Routing Back-up" without that feature it's useless for me as the routes in question are across GRE tunnels in a VRF so I can't use keepalives for the tunnels.

Thanks for your help,

Tiago

Tiago

I am glad that we were able to find an answer for your problem. And I am sorry that the answer is one that your client may not want to implement. Thank you for posting back to the forum to indicate that you have an answer. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that the question is answered (and thanks for the points). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that an answer was found. Your marking has contributed to this process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your replies, I've tried upgrading a router to 12.4(24)T6 but the commands still aren't there.

The specific feature I am looking for is "Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking" which appears in the features of the IP base feature set.

I'll try the advanced IP services image on a spare router, the client might not want to pay for an upgrade even if this works.

Would you recommend opening a TAC case for this, or is there some other route for this kind of situation?

Tiago

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco