cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Remote Access disabled after installation of 1841

Hello,

We have recently added a Cisco 1841 router to serve as a link between our two sites.

I have designated the 1841 as our subnets gateway and then made a default route that sends any internet requests out our firewall. Similar to the path below.

000.000.000.000 255.255.252.0 10.33.0.1

Since I made this change, our ability to use remote desktop from outside has stopped working. The only change here has been the addition of the router so I am certain that I am missing a step to open up port 3389 or allow communication with our firewall. We use a VPN as well and that allows us to connect but I can not ping any local machines or servers.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Remote Access disabled after installation of 1841

If ypu want to use default route please use the following format:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.33.0.1

Every packets will be sent to 10.33.0.1 if there is no specific entry in the routing table.

Bye

FCS

Rate me if I helped.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Julian

You mention a problem with remote desktop. Is that the only application having problems or are other applications having problems as well?

If the issue is with a single application then it hardly seems to be an issue with the default route. Issues with the default route should impact all applications.

Perhaps if you post the config of the 1841 we might spot the problem.

HTH

Rick

I was able to solve the issue with the help of Sonicwall's support. It seems that the VPN settings were not assigning my remote users a local ip address for our LAN. I just had to point the VPN clients to our DHCP and all is back to normal. Not sure if the router had anything to do with it.

Thanks for the attempts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content