Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote office bandwidth

I have a remote office that we connect with 2 bundled T1's.

We have recently had to move a department to this office (~25 users). We have VOIP setup as well.

Question- I never see any problems with bandwidth, the least amount available has always been around 2500K... but they still experience some latency with applications when connecting back to the corp office...

I do have QoS enabled on the routers with a priority of 512 for voice. The bundles are mapped with 1544 bandwidth each...?

The biggest issue right now is ms-access, I know its a hog to begin with- but why am i still seeing so much bandwidth being un-utilized on the bundle when reviewing through the SDM QoS monitor... as well as SDM interface -Multilink bandwidth usage.

heres a snippet of the serials:

interface Serial0/2/0

description first T1 line

bandwidth 1544

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

load-interval 30

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

-pretty basic-

No errors on any interfaces with switch/or routers...

thoughts...? Can we force more bandwidth to be used-

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Remote office bandwidth

it might be an idea to introduce Link efficiency mechanis$ms by introducing teh 'ppp multilink frament' and 'ppp multilnk interleave' commands which compresses teh size of the packets over the PPP channel.

Views
Helpful
Replies