Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remove a serial port from config

I have to do some reconfigs on my routers that form my internal corporate WAN and am not sure how to remove a serial port. I'm using VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards for these specific connections that have to be torn down and rebuilt. When I install the card and it sees the T1 controllers and I issue the "channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24" which then creates the serial port.

My question is how do I delete that serial port? I need to remove one of the cards to move to a different router so I want to undo the two serial ports that are configured before I remove the card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Remove a serial port from config

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi, you don't need to anything in config to remove hardware on a cisco router. Just turn it off and the next time all card related stuff will go away from config, for you to save.

So I don't need to remove the IP address or any config info related to the serial port that is going to be removed from the router? All I need to do is turn the router off, pull out the VWIC, and then when I turn it on it will be like it was never there?

When I install the VWIC in the other router is it going to carry any info from the old config with it or is going to be just like I pulled it new out of the box?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes, and it be will like new.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content