cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove unused static nat? bug in IOS?

dan.tesch
Level 1
Level 1

I have several entries in my router for ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y and I need to remove them to re-use the addresses but using the no ip nat ..... command does not work. A while back someone at Cisco suggested this was a bug and had me down the router and erase the config and reload it from tftp - I need to do it again and do not wish to go through the hassle again. Any suggestions? router is a 2611 running IOS 12.3(10).

7 Replies 7

drummond.r
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue on my 871w where i would execute the no ip nat inside....... and the entry would not dissapear. once i had executed the command, wrote the changes, and reloaded the router, they were gone.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the entries being used ?

You can verify with a 'show ip nat trans' command, if so try clearing it with a 'clear ip nat trans'.

HTH,

The entries are not being used, infact when I issue the command "no ip ..." I get a return of %Translation not found.

Also, to the previous poster - I have tried issuing the command and writing them and reloading the router but they do not go away on mine.

Is there a way to edit the startup-config and view it to make sure it is out and then reload?

Can we see the config ?

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.16 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.19 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

ip nat inside source static 192.168.126.96 68.23.xx.yy route-map nonat

Do you need more?

The whole config would be helpful. Do you have any ip nat inside/outside under interfaces ?

If so, can you try removing those commands and then try removing the static nat ?

I might as well follow the procedure I used last time, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card