cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing IP address from HSRP Standby Group

cralph
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 particular IP address that I can't remove in a standby group that contains at least 20 IPs. On the router that is in standby mode for that group, I can remove other IPs, but I can't remove this problematic VIP. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I can remove the problematic address from the group on the other router when I make the group standby mode on the other router. Do I need to reboot the 1st router? Sounds like some sort of corruption.

1 Reply 1

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont think that rebooting the router will help. My idea for this would be to copy the HSRP group config and paste it in a notepad, remove the problamatic VIP from the config.When you dont have the user on the network, takeout the HSRP standby config from the interface and put the new config without the VIP address on the interface. Do the same on both the routers.This should work for you.

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card