Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing 3com core by Cisco3560E

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 8 stories,I have 3COM L3 swtch as the core placed at the 4th Floor,all the floors are having 3COM L2 manageable edge switchs connected to the 3COM CORE switch.There is no core level redundancy.

Now the end user wants to replace the existing 3COM core switch 2Nos of Cisco3560E (HSRP),then from every floor edge switch to both Cisco3560E fiber link.

With out replacing 3COM edge ,only replacing the 3COM CORE by Cisco 3560E will it give any compatibility issue araise.

Is it possible?

Thanks and Regards,

1 Reply 1

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Hmmmm...good question.

If you had Cisco switches and were deploying DTP and ISL trunks, and other Cisco protocolos, and were migrating to 3com, I would say yes.

But the other way around....unless there are specific 3Com protocols that are used on the switches, or perhaps even a different way of implementing open protocols with proprietary extensions, then you should be OK.

It would really take some analysis of the configurations and a full understanding of the environment.

HTH

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card