Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Resdistribute OSPF - Rip

Hi guys,

I have questions, i am making a simple topology because i want to practice, but i have a problem when i want to redistribute a route in a router.

mi topology is simple, 3 routers, the main router has rip and ospf, i need to redistribute the routres learns by OSPF in the part of RIP.

So, in the part of OSPF it learns routes of RIP, but this doesnt happen on the other side.

The configuration is: in R3 

router ospf 1

log-adjacency-changes

redistribute rip subnets

network 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 area 1

!

router rip

version 2

redistribute ospf 1

network 192.168.0.0

no auto-summary

But the router 7, doesn't learn routes in his route table of OSPF, can you help me with this, i dont know why is this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Hmm... never used packet

Hmm... never used packet tracer.  Is there anything at the end of "redistribute ospf 1" that you can add a default metric with?  I don't have a router in front of me.

9 REPLIES
Bronze

Can you try adding the

Can you try adding the "default-metric 5" command under the "router rip" section?

In Packet Tracer i can't do

In Packet Tracer i can't do it, i'm sorry ... any other suggest?

Bronze

Hmm... never used packet

Hmm... never used packet tracer.  Is there anything at the end of "redistribute ospf 1" that you can add a default metric with?  I don't have a router in front of me.

Yes, i can use that command,

Yes, i can use that command, i am going to put it.

PD: Excuse my english, i am from latin america. 

Bronze

It's good enough for me to

It's good enough for me to understand!  My spanish is much worse. :)

men, thank you very much, the

men, thank you very much, the command "redistribute ospf #"PID" metric 5" works for me, but do you have an explanation for that?, it'll be helpful for me :). In the same way, thank you again.

Bronze

Yes the explanation is that

Yes the explanation is that RIP and EIGRP require seed metrics in order for redistribution to work - OSPF does not.

Excelente, thank you. Regards

Excelente, thank you. Regards.

shh5455 men, thank you very

shh5455 men, thank you very much, the command "redistribute ospf #"PID" metric 5" works for me, but do you have an explanation for that?, it'll be helpful for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies