cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting access to mcast group

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I am planning to implement Multicasting in my network where we have redundancy at every place. We have two mcast stream from group1 & group2 which has to be seen by only group1 & group2 users repectively. Grou1 user shud not see stream from group2 & vice versa. I am planning to use Static RP with sparse-dense mode config but how can I achieve restriction as i mentioned and redundancy if one router goes down other shud forward & act as RP. I am running HSRP bw routers. Here is the block diagram from your understanding.

Source Stream group1,Group2--->3750 Switch--->Router3845--->3750Switch--->Group1user,Group2User

Source Stream group1,Group2--->3750 Switch--->Router3845--->3750Switch--->Group1user,Group2User

its urgent, your urgent help would be gr8.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

If I've understood correctly you want to do the following:

about avoiding Group1's users to be able to join Group2 multicast group and viceversa.

If you can put them in two different IP subnets you can use the interface command ip igmp access-group : using two different acls you can deny the two groups on the two interfaces.

Redundancy of RPs: you should consider to use Auto-RP or Bootstrap protocol and the anycast RP. However, if you have only two routers you could play with ACLs in the ip pim rp-address if your multicast addresses are different enough.

hope to help

Best regards

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card