cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

right mode of connectivity between India & Germany

sensharma
Level 1
Level 1

1. How should I connect my NEW proposed data centre in India (Delhi) with the central data centre in Germany ?

2. what sort of International Link I should go for ?

3. who are the solution provider in India can provide such International connectivity ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MPLS circuits are definitely available for international clients nowadays. Check www.bt.com & in your case www.vsnlinternational.com.

here is the prodcut you are looking for

http://www.vsnlinternational.com/enterprise/connectivity/mpls.asp

Chose what fits your budget. You can also order CoS for voice.

A dedicated circuit as mentioned earlier is expensive. Further, dont spend too much money on WAN bandwidth, use Cisco WAAS . The savings on bandwidth will justify deploying WAAS.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6870/c1031/cdccont_0900aecd8054f827.pdf

Hope the above was helpfull

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

dedicated intercontinental circuits can be very expensive (in excess of $3000 a month for an E1). So one solution is to get the fastest internet access possible in both sites, then run a VPN on it.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What will be the primary use of this link? large data transfer 24x7? If end-to-end bandwidth guarantee is of most important, then you can justify for dedicated link and use internet with IP GRE over IPSec VPN for auto-failover (you can even split the traffic with these two link by source/destination IP). If there is no large data transfer or end-to-end bandwidth guarantee is not important and budgetting is a problem plus redundancy is not important, then you can use internet with IPSEC VPN only.

You can approach the SP and/or Telco in your city to provide you a total solution (global)as majority of them have partneship with their counterparts in other country. This is very common nowadays.

Regards,

Dandy

Hi,

primary use of this Link would be :

1. data transfer (voice, audio, video, shared files, logical map drives)

2. intranet corporate portal access

3. India AD domain (Win 2003) would be the part of same FOREST as far as Germany AD Domain is concerned. which could mean users & EXCHANGE mail boxes are logically connected in both the countries.

4. NO 24 x 7 operation. Normal 8 x 5 service window.

please recommend.

regards.

Excuse me, not to be blunt, but what's your budget? Requirements often means little compared to economics constrains in a project.

Nowadays, a fast internet connection like E1 costs like $600 a month in Europe, perhaps three times as much in India. Some provider then charges for traffic, and you want to avoid that unless it fits well your anticipated usage.

This is what you need to size on, as a minimum, for a workable solution based on your exposition.

Good Question.

I am in the process of making Investment Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting for this project.

That's the reason, I need both the pros & cons for taking a final call on cost Vs. technology factor.

what's about MPLS link as an alternate solution to dedicated international leased circuits ?

regards.

To offer MPLS, a service provider needs to have presence in both countries (unlikely) or an agreement with telco in the other country (almost more unlikely).

The reasonable approach is hence to get quotes for fast, business class internet access in both countries, and go from there. Then you can use router as small as 1801 to build your VPN.

MPLS circuits are definitely available for international clients nowadays. Check www.bt.com & in your case www.vsnlinternational.com.

here is the prodcut you are looking for

http://www.vsnlinternational.com/enterprise/connectivity/mpls.asp

Chose what fits your budget. You can also order CoS for voice.

A dedicated circuit as mentioned earlier is expensive. Further, dont spend too much money on WAN bandwidth, use Cisco WAAS . The savings on bandwidth will justify deploying WAAS.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6870/c1031/cdccont_0900aecd8054f827.pdf

Hope the above was helpfull

perfect.

India & Germany connected ;-)

now lets go to my 2nd requirement.

which says India DC will be the Hub location for Middle-East, south-East Asia pacific and Australia.

How can I get all these different countries to get connected ?

is it again MPLS solution ?

ok.

but is not MPLS cost effective solution ?

as compared to international Dedicated LL ?

As mentioned earlier, dedicated lines between two points will be expensive. MPLS is cost effective.

Yes,

email me . I am interested in what you are after and have done some research in this area.

luqmankondeth@gmail.com

mail sent to your ID.

please check and respond.

Hi,

Why dont you try an indian service provide who can own an end-to-end service delivery including Internet bandwidth,MPLS etc.

Why dont you contact Bharti Airtel. We are owning Global NNI's for MPLS and provide end-to-end solution.

Please share your requirement alongwith company profile to meet your requirement.

I am surprised enough to get a poor response from an organization like Bharti.

some people came and met me.

But they were very casual in approach.

can you help me by sending a senior pre-sales consultant to my office at Delhi ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco