cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIPV2 advertisments

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys suppose we have 2 routers A and B.....both are running RipV2. Now if i want that router A should not send any updated to B but A should get all the updates (routing) from B how can we do that.....do we have to use distribute list or is there any other way.....guys like bgp when we want to see that which routes our router is adverising we can check with advertise routes (neigbour one) is there any possiblity that we can check that as well after blocking it.....th eimp thing is that i have only access to router A not on B so i cant chnage anything on B.....what is the best option to above wuestion and verfiy it....thanks

2 Replies 2

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Set the interface on RouterA as passive, which is connecting to RouterB.

e.g

router rip

version 2

passive-interface fastethernet 0/1

HTH..rate if helpful..

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To add to Satish's post. There is no equivalent to the command in BGP to show which routes are advertised to neighbors.

What you can do is

"debug ip rip"

and this will show the advertisements being received and sent on the interface between A & B.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card