Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Root bridge in stp

Hello all In my neterk my core switch one trunk port connected to another switch 2960. In Same vlan same port.rstp is configured in this. Issue is when I check on core switch and another 2960 switch. Root bridge is shown on both of switch. Plz help me.
1 REPLY

himanshu, These switches

himanshu,

These switches could both be the root bridge for different VLANs, depending on your configuration.  If you enter the 'show spanning-tree' command, it will list all VLANs and indicate if that switch is the root using the statement 'This bridge is the root' under the Root ID section in the output.  You should issue this command on both switches and confirm that they are not both indicating 'This bridge is the root' for the same VLAN.  If this is the case, please provide this command output for each switch and also the 'show vlan brief' command output for each switch so your issue can be investigated further.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies