Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route injection - non redistribution

I am tring  to inject a default route in rip & eigrp without redistrubtion.
two of my routers R3 & R4 must use the default route.

I am succesfull when using a conditon route ( ie: acl+route map -only when network 1.0.0.0 is in R2 route table

but when I try  a eigrp summary + .default-information originate without the condition, it doesnt work

If possible can you tell me what I am missing or doing wrong.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Pdriver,

the behaviour you see should be correct: RIP cannot generate a default route only because a default route is received in another routing protocol (EIGRP)

when you check for presence of EIGRP prefix  1/8  in IP routing table, RIP generates a default route.

otherwise you would need a static default route in IP routing table

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute_rip/command/reference/irr_rip.html#wp1011008

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Pdriver,

the behaviour you see should be correct: RIP cannot generate a default route only because a default route is received in another routing protocol (EIGRP)

when you check for presence of EIGRP prefix  1/8  in IP routing table, RIP generates a default route.

otherwise you would need a static default route in IP routing table

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute_rip/command/reference/irr_rip.html#wp1011008

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: