cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route issue in this lab setup

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 3 routers set up in this lab (see diag), the LAN at the bottom can ping router R3-2610's ethernet port at the top, but not the SE0/0 port. Now R0-2610 and R1-2610 are using RIPv2 and I have not added any dynamic routing to R3 yet, what would I need to do regarding RIPv2 in this one?

Would I just setup RIPv2 again and will R0-2610 then receive this so my LAN can ping SE0/0 on the R3-2610?

3 Replies 3

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Where is your serial0/0 of R3 is connected ?

Is it up ?

You need to run dynamic routing on R3 to make netwoks , (if any connected ) beyond R3 , reachble from your LAN in the bottom.

So run RIPv2 on R3 also,and advertise the networks connected to it.

HTH...rate if helpful..

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andy,

>> Would I just setup RIPv2 again and will R0-2610 then receive this so my LAN can ping SE0/0 on the R3-2610?

yes, you can do in this way follow the instructions of the previous post and do it also on R3, take care if needed to have a network command matching the R3-R1 lan IP subnet on R1 too.

as an alternate way to do this:

- have R1 advertise R3-R1 lan ip subnet

have on R3

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 R1.lanR3-R1.ipaddress

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yeah, that is my worry as R3's E0/0 is on 10.10.10.x and R1's E0/0 is on 10.10.10.x too so will this confuse the RIPv2 that's advertising?

Then again is it possible to put R3 E0/0 into it's own VLAN on the switch and then use a different IP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco