Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Redistribution

smartd1011
Level 1
Level 1

How all doing?

I finished one GNS3 Route Redistribution lab. But, I can't ping from PC1 to PC3&4. Not even from PC3 to PC4. I double triple checked all over and every setting looks correct.  I  googled everything I counld but still don't have a clue. I attached Topology Diagram and the config. file. If any one can help me on this one, I will be very appreciated!

p.s, you need to have GNS3 Emulator in order to view the diagram but config.file is created by Excel. 

Truly yours,

smartd1011

8 Replies 8

hello i cannot open the excel as my mobile wont allow it however looking at the topology diagram given that you cannot ping pc3-pc4 on the same switch have you enabled Ip routing on the switches? res paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did enable ospf routing on this switch. 

Paul was not referring to OSPF but rather inter VLAN routing on the switch. You need to enable IP routing in order to ping between PC3 and PC4.Does R2 have routes for VLAN5 0 and VLAN 55? it shouldn't have for VLAN 55 as pointed out by Mukesh.

Thank you for the advise!

Mukesh Kumar
Level 3
Level 3

Hello smartd1011

As i have checked your configuration there are some mistakes in your configuration.

On router R1,

Remove the OSPF process 3 because there are 2 processes running on this router,

no router ospf 3

On router R2,

Remove the OSPF process 3 because there are 2 processes running on this router,

no router ospf 3

On switch SW2,

The network of 55.1.1.0/24 is not advertised into the OSPF,

router ospf 1

network 55.1.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 2

Please do these changes and check the connectivity.

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for helping me! I did what you intructed me to do. Now, I can ping from PC1 & PC2 to any other host. 

But, I still can't ping  from PC3 & PC4 to any other host. when you have time, pls advise.

I will check again at mean time. 

Truly Yours

Hello smatd1011

Please send me the latest config of all the devices.

Also send the the output of the following:

show ip route

show access-list

One thing more i want to know, do you want to make connectivity between all the devices?

Because you haven't advertised the network of 15.1.1.0/24 in EIGRP on Switch 1. Even on Router R1 you have denied the traffic of 15.1.1.0/24 to go out of R1.

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi, Mukesh

Thank you for helping me again!

I attached all latest config and screenshots for you. according to the  lab requirement, I purposely denied 15.1.1.0 network on R1. I also denied tcp traffic from  10.1.1.0 network on R2. But, even I deleted all these access list, I still can't ping from PC1&2 to PC3&4. message shows----timeout.  I also can't ping back from PC3&PC4. I attached ping result as well. Please advise. 

I appreciated!

Ding

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card