Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

route restriction

Hi

Telecom provides branch office connectivity to headQuarter using MPLS.

Single Router at branch office terminates MPLS link, its also the default-Gateway for users.

Routing protocol on LAN is ospf ; Bgp config is provided by telecom

I receive tons of telecom routes which are not needed, how do I restrict telecom bgp routes at the router and allow HQ networks only.

Is it advisible to restrict routes and then apply QOS between HQ and branch office.  Our aim is to provide guarantee bandwidth for Voice application.

thanks

Mathews

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: route restriction

mathews.cisco wrote:

Hi

Telecom provides branch office connectivity to headQuarter using MPLS.

Single Router at branch office terminates MPLS link, its also the default-Gateway for users.

Routing protocol on LAN is ospf ; Bgp config is provided by telecom

I receive tons of telecom routes which are not needed, how do I restrict telecom bgp routes at the router and allow HQ networks only.

Is it advisible to restrict routes and then apply QOS between HQ and branch office.  Our aim is to provide guarantee bandwidth for Voice application.

thanks

Mathews

Mathews

You should only be receiving routes for your own sites and not lots of other routes. What are these routes ? Do you have just one internet connection at the HQ site and branch sites access internet via HQ ? If so you may also be getting a default-route from your provider.

You should not be getting tons of other routes so it may be worth having a talk with your provider.

As for QOS, if it is across an MPLS  network then you need to talk to your provider about this as well. You can prioritise the voice traffic within your sites but you will also need to talk to the provider about prioritising the traffic within their MPLS cloud which obviously has a cost associated with it.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies