cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 1721 booting problem

hraghav
Level 1
Level 1

Recently router 1721 was purchased. After configuring, saving to NVRAM (wr mem) and restarting (reload) the router is starting with factory default. But the NVRAM contains the configuration (show configurations). IOS is 12.3(7)t1.

Router has one fast ethernet and one WAN interface (WIC-1T). Pl let me know how to solve this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Raghav

First thing comes to my mind is the register settings which i feel is 0X2142 which has to be set rite to 0X2102.

The former one is used for recovering lost passwords.

Restore the startup config by copying the same to running config and change the register value using the global command config-register 0X2102 and save the config.

regds

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Raghav

First thing comes to my mind is the register settings which i feel is 0X2142 which has to be set rite to 0X2102.

The former one is used for recovering lost passwords.

Restore the startup config by copying the same to running config and change the register value using the global command config-register 0X2102 and save the config.

regds

Thank you very much it resolved the problem.

I was struggling with this problem for more than 3 days. It got resolved.

Thanks.

Regards,

Raghavan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card