Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 2900 Firewall 5515X

lecarbajalp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know  how to configure a router 2900 to support connection from 2 firewall ( Active Standby connections)

RouterFirewall.png

How can i said the router to send the traffic to the stand by when it go down the active Firewall?

I was planning to use a Switch ( layer 2 capacity only)  in the middle of the equipments( between the firewalls and the router) in order to send always the traffic for 1 physical interface from the router side , and manage to route all the internatl traffic to the virtual IP of both Firewalls.

Also i dont know yet how to configure a VPN site to site if i have that scheme  and some Publics NAT ( Firewall - Switch - Router ), i was planning to configure a NAT in the Router in order to allow the VPN traffic to internal IP of the Firewall but still dont know if it will work.

Thank you for your help

Regards,

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I would use a L2 switch as you intended and for the VPN just use the router as the VPN gateway but if it is mandatory that the VPN terminates on the ASA then you'll have to do VPN Passthrough on the router.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hello, thank you for your advice, if i put a switch in the middle, how  can i enable the VPN and NAT  pass through the router and end in the  Firewall?

i was planning on use a nat in the router (in oder to  allow the vpn site to site connection and the internal nat to the  firewall) and static routes for reach my internal network.

Also do i  need to setup a new isolated ip for this connection ( firewall - switch  router) and put all mi private IP's in the WAN interface of the Router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card