Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 7507 IOS Image Upgrade

Mansoor Hafeez
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

The output of show version is attached herewith. I have a scenario in which I have to use the "ip cef" and "ipsec" between my routers.

The central site router is 7507 whose sh version is attached herewith. On this router I am also using the dot1q encapsulation.Due to the use of encapsulation, I cannot use the ip cef command onto it.I have checked that this problem is resolved with cisco 12.2 IOS versions.

When I go through all the IOS versions , there is a list which contains IOS with different options e.g. my IOS as i understand is IP.

Can anybody help me that which IOS should i download to upgrade my Router. Is there any IOS which contains all these features and should fit into my Router?

The early response will be highly appreciable.

Regards

Mansoor Hafeez

7 Replies 7

vettrock
Level 1
Level 1

How do I look at the attachment?

vettrock
Level 1
Level 1

The software advisor on the cisco web page will let you select an IOS image based on the features you want.

You can find it at: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/support/tac/tools.shtml

I put in ipsec and cef and the feature set ENTERPRISE IPSEC 3DES and the 12.2 train version it came up with is: 12.2(32) image name:

rsp-jk9sv-mz.12.2-32

Assuming the problem is fixed in that version of 12.2, it should have both the cef and ipsec features you are looking for.

What is the benefit to have the Enterprise image?

It has some more features, I'm not entirely sure which additional features are included. You can probably get both CEF and IPSEC with another image.

If you don't need the additional feature of the exterprise version, I looked at some other feature sets.

I selected the IP IPSEC 3DES version and it didn't have any matches for 12.2. If you select IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES, I get 12.2(32) image name:

rsp-ik9sv-mz.12.2-32

I'm sure there are other feature sets that would meet your needs, but if you want Thiple DES IPSEC and CEF, that image probably has the minimum of additional features.

OK I did some more research on th Cisco web page and I found the following, although this is for 12.4, I would guess the feature sets are similar:

The IP is the base version, you can then add SSH and have the IP BASE with SSH.

You can then add the Advanced Security, which adds VPN, IPSEC, 3DES , firewall, and IDS features.

You alternatively add SP services which has MPLS, netflow, ATM, Voice over IP, and Voice over ATM.

The Advanced IP services includes both the advanced Security and the SP services in addition to IPv6 support.

Advanced Enterprise adds Apletalk, IPX, and IBM Protocols, as well as Gatekeeper, and IPtoIP gateways to all of the features included in Advanced IP services.

So you probably don't need the enterprise version.

Thanks a lot Vettrock. I have now fully understand the meanings of the features.

Unfortunately I am continuously trying to rate your comments but somehow it didn't succeed. Also there is no option of something like " This reply solve my problem".

I will keep try it but anyway thank you very much.

Mansoor Hafeez

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: