Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 7613 Hang

Hi,

We are having 7613 Backbone Router and sup engine 720. we are facing problem link hang no ping responce.i have also attached log file during this hang period. this happen every 30 to 35 days .

so what i will do ?? please help me

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jayesh,

>> %SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task is running for (3244)msecs, more than (2000)msecs (79/5),process = PPP manager.

this means a process, PPP manager, has used main cpu for 3244 msecs more then the maximum allowed 2000 msecs.

there is a feature called whatchdog that is authorized to reboot the device when the cpu time is much more then the stated threshold.

in your case this has not happened.

Check your device configuration and see what it is doing with PPP for example if it is terminating users this can happen if you have just serial or POS links with PPP encapsulation this shouldn't happen.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for reply. yes you are correct my CPU process is High. we are just having all serial Link Connected throgh this Link and we are having 2 Sup Engine 720 so can we configure link one sup Engine process is high change over to other or any other configration to resolve this PPP Manager Process.. please advice me ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card