Router 837

taupincisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two router ADSL 837.When I made

#show ver

I have as result :

Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3Y6-M), Version 12.3(14)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

1 How much of VPN connexion this router ADSL 837 permit ? Two,three or more.

2 I want to reset to the factory defaults parameters.Before that I want ,to backup in my PC the running configuration.I want the efficient method for easy return to initial state.

Thanks very much for your reply.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Based on the K9O3Y6-M code in the image identification it tells us that the feature set does support VPN. I do not know what the limitations are of the 837 but when I look at the 837 data sheet I see one reference that says that it can support 10 IPSec VPN tunnels. And I see another reference that if you use the Easy VPN Server feature that it can support 5 remote clients.

If you want to back up the config of the router the easiest and most efficient method is probably to log in to the router enable mode, do a show run, copy the output and paste it into a document on your PC. There are other methods but I believe this is most easy and efficient.

The easy way to return the router to its factory defaults is to log in to the router enable mode, enter the command erase startup-config. After the command completes turn off power to the router. When you turn power back on the router should return to factory defaults.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks very much Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco