cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router and interface selection to support 10xE1 links (Drop and Insert)

are8910qwert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our HQ is connected to the branch offices with at least 10xE1 (all P2P links). They are used to connect the PBXs at the moment.
We want to add the data service, what router model and interface cards should we use?
Based on my search we need at least 10 "VWIC2-2MFT-G703" cards which support the "Drop and Insert" feature that allows the cuncurrent use of the E1 link for our current PBXs as well as the new DATA (WAN) service (e.g. 15 time slots (TS) assigned to the PBX voice traffic and 15 TS assigned for data (WAN) service).
I would like to know which router has such interface capacity? Is there any other solution?
What about the performance issues?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do not use a channelized / TDM solution, use VoIP instead. That will let you have 30 channels for the PBX, and full E1 speed for data at the same time.

If someone told you that VoIP doesn't work and has bad quality, that is totaly false, it works great as many millions of installations prove since 10 years.

In any case, you need a reputable consultant or reputable partnert to design, configure and maintain this network. You cannot do this alone.

Hi p.bevilacqua,

Thanks  for your post but at this stage i am asked to go with the plan i have mentioned, which requires channelized E1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wrong plan that you should not conduce further. Nobody still does that anymore.

However, a reputable certified cisco partner should be able to do it for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card