Views
Helpful
Replies

Router as Frame Relay Switch

DanC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a cisco 2620 and a 4nm async/sync acting as frame relay switch. I have the connections setup but what I'd like to do is set the switch (router) up to send fecn/becns once the traffic reaches a certain limit. Basically I want to set the CIR on the frame switch and enforce it similar to what a provider would do.

Thank you.

Dan Cox

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, CIR and congestion management is not supported on the frame-relay switching feature.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

I don't think that this can be done on a Cisco router acting as a frame relay switch,

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Dan

Don't give up anyway. There is an old book called : Cisco Frame Relay Solution Guide.

You may find your answer on this book, chapter 6, "Configuring Frame Relay Switching Enhancements on a Cisco Router"

There are some configuration examples on topics you have mentioned. Have a look at this site:

http://safari.adobepress.com/1587051168/ch06lev1sec3

Good Lucks

SSLIN

Good finding. I kind of remember, shaping and policing are supported, but not congestion notification...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card