cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ROUTER COLD START

chris4future
Level 1
Level 1

Am using Cisco IOS 3745 & 7200 in my GNS3 to simulate networks since I am still a student. Part of the following displays when I run console

Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 28-Apr-09 16:57 by prod_rel_team

*Mar  1 00:00:25.487: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host R1 is undergoing a cold start

*Mar  1 00:00:25.579: %CRYPTO-6-ISAKMP_ON_OFF: ISAKMP is OFF

*Mar  1 00:00:25.579: %CRYPTO-6-GDOI_ON_O

R1#FF: GDOI is OFF

How can I fix this problem?

I will be grateful if someone reply with a good solution.

Thanks. Chris

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the problem? If you start the router in gns and then immediately open your session, the router will show you post just like it would if you were consoled into a real router with a console connection. Does this not work? What happens if you hit enter a couple of times?

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Chris

I agree with John that your post does not tell us what problem you have that you want to fix. What you posted looks fairly normal to me. But let us look at a couple of the messages:

%CRYPTO-6-ISAKMP_ON_OFF: ISAKMP is OFF

tells us that ISAKMP is off. Part of the initialization routine of IOS deals with ISAKMP, which is used in conjunction with IPSec. IOS first sets ISAKMP off and then if the configuration uses ISAKMP it will set ISAKMP on. So my question to you is whether this router has ISAKMP and IPSec used in its configuration?

%CRYPTO-6-GDOI_ON_O

R1#FF: GDOI is OFF

GDOI is part of GET VPN. So my question to you is whether you have GET VPN in the configuration of this router?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: