Views
Helpful
Replies

ROUTER-CONFIG

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I've a site connected to the H.Q.i just need to implement a Redundancy Link to H.Q.Trough Route-Map(Primary Link it will be Wirless Link;The second it wil be Leased line)so PLS Can any list the config of the router(2620S) in the Site + The router in HQ (config from ur Perspective)

10xs

Ali

6 Replies 6

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Ali,

I've seen that you've posted this same question a few times without getting a response. The reason you are not getting a response is that most people on the forum are interested in helping you solve a problem but only if you make an effort on your own part first. If you simply post a question asking for a complete config, not too many people will be interested in responding, as has been the case so far. That is part of the unwritten etiquette for these forums.

So, with all due respect, I suggest that you do the following:

- outline your problem in more detail

- detail what you have got so far, and what bits work and what don't

- ask specific questions regarding the things you are unable to get to work.

If you do the above, you will find that you will get a lot more responses. Also, make sure that you rate the posts of people who respond to you in order to acknowledge their efforts in helping you to solve your problem.

No disrespect intended.

Paresh

Hi

sorry Paresh;I'm confused about the exact config for the Router redandancy(firstlink w link;seconde link Leased line)i've been searching for the document about this situation but i did'nt find.this the first time time i;ll implement like this this is why i post a lot of Q.if any one in this great form did some thing like this.again i Thank all the pepole who Answer me or not,

again sorry

Ali

No apologies needed... just trying to help you here.

You might want to look at this thread which dealt with a similar setup:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddac5f8

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

Hi Paresh!

I've read ur config but i didnt Inderstood this Part:

rtr 1

type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho

timeout 1000

frequency 3

threshold 2

What this mean

10xs

Ali

Hi Ali,

The is setting up an IP SLA object parameters. Basically, we are telling the router to send ICMP echo messages (pings) to the specified IP address.

The reason this is done is so that when the router stops getting ping responses from that address, it will know that the link through which the pings are going is experiencing issues. That allows the router to switch to the alternative link....I believe that is what you are after.

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

Hi

10xs for ur reply.Paresh the linke that u have gave it me usefull for my Mentioned Topology

10xs

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card