Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router configuration for a SNA HPR/IP <-> SNA LLC2 setup

Hello folks,

I have the below SNA(IBMs Systems Network Architecture) setup in my lab. I need some clarity on the Router configuration part:

Host A <---------------LAN------------------>E0 Cisco 3640 Router  E1 <-------------------------HPR/IP-------------------------> Host B

(SNA over LLC2)                                                                                                                   (SNA over HPR/IP)

E0 -> Ethernet Port: MAC Address A,

E1-> Ethernet Port : MAC Address B, IP Address: X

HPR stands for High Performance Routing, it is a protocol developed by IP for routing SNA packets over a IP network.

On Host A, I can configure SNA for a Source MAC address & a Destination MAC Address(Cisco's E0's MAC address)

On Host B, I can only configure SNA for a Source IP address & a Destination IP Address(Cisco's E1's IP Address)

My objective is to configure the  Cisco 3640 Router in such a way that, any SNA packet sent by Host A reaches Host B.

And, Host A should not configure the Mac address of Host B as its destination MAC address. The same holds on the other side as well.

In short, I would want a switching mechanism to be setup in the Cisco Router to forward traffic from Host A( incoming on E0) to Host B's IP address.

Then, forward trafffic from Host B (incomng in E0) to Host A's MAC address.

If you require any other details on the setup , pls let me know.

A quick response would be appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Nirmal

• WAN Routing and Switching
Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.