Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Laptop Connectivty

ahmad1980
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I connected my Laptop with router 2500 via serial to USB connector but that was not connected properly (boot properly but not provide me a any mode) please guide me how i do it thanx

5 Replies 5

anuragv
Level 1
Level 1

hi

have u properly installed the drivers . does the laptop show you the hardware attached. check the basic terminal settings

regards

Aasheesh GUpta

Hi,

Like Aasheesh said, you have to install the drivers before to connect via console cable. After you install the drivers, the Windows shows to you another "comm" port. Then you can configure the hyper-terminal settings to this new comm port and you will get access to the console port.

Regards,

Fabricio

Network Analyst

Just searching for some help and came across this post. Do you know where to download these drivers? I am having a lot of difficult connecting to the console of my new router - 2600xm

yes Sir I do, it showed even the reboot/ startup process but then it stopped please help about this

thanx

Hi,

But can you get access to the console port or not ? Or you never got access to the console ?

Is it the first time that you use this cable ? It can be a problem with your cable too. If it was de first time, try another cable.

For Windows, it's simple: you install the drivers, select the comm port and then you get access to the console router. My cable was this way and worked fine.

Regards,

Fabricio

Network Analyst

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card