cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router nat into same address

dragec
Level 1
Level 1

I have classic situation, router, two interfaces, two ranges A on outside and B on inside, defined some translations and it all works ok. But I have one IP I'd like to be accesses from outside without NAT. I've made translation entry from B3 to B3 and router had no problems, but traffic does not flow. Is this config possible?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

have you also excluded this IP B3 from the normal NAT access-list/route-map? Which entry dis you configure for B3 - can you post the relevant part of your config?

Regards, Martin

no because I have static NAT's

A - outside range

B - inside range

A1 - B1

A2 - B2

and then

B3 - B3

I've tried to catch traffic using access lists. What I can see is that traffic get to the outside interface but do not leaves inbound interface. Outside world is aware of routes to the B network. Debug nat shows nothing.

Hello,

can you post your config?

Regards, Martin

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

have you also excluded this IP B3 from the normal NAT access-list/route-map? Which entry did you configure for B3 - can you post the relevant part of your config?

Regards, Martin

P.S.: Gruesse aus Frankfurt!

Hi!

int atmpvc

ip nat outside

!

int fa0/0

ip addr b.b.b.1

ip nat inside

!

ip nat inside source static b.b.b.10 a.a.a.10

ip nat inside source static b.b.b.11 a.a.a.11

ip nat inside source static b.b.b.12 b.b.b.12

Hello,

ok, what do you get with "show ip nat translation"? Is the translation there?

Regards, Martin

yes it is, but when do debug ip nat and do some traffic, there is nothing in logs, and only two left columns of sh ip nat tran are filled, and inbound access list on outside interface shows traffic but outbound access list on eth int does not show traffic. So it is like traffic never past NAT engine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card