Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

router not passing data

I?m trying to connect a branch office to head office using two 1841?s across a T-1 line.

I?ve got communication between the routers across the T-1 using a static route, and from each router to the locally attached Ethernet LAN.

I do not have communication from the local LAN to any other host on the remote LAN except the router LAN port.

I?m forgetting something simple, but I?m drawing a blank. Any suggestions?

This is the relevant configuration info?.

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

description LAN

ip address 192.168.102.10 255.255.255.0

duplex auto

speed auto

no mop enabled

!

!

interface Serial0/0/0

description WAN

ip address 192.168.200.11 255.255.255.0

service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable

!

router rip

network 192.168.102.0

no auto-summary

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.200.10 permanent

!

3 REPLIES

Re: router not passing data

does the remote router have route to 192.168.102/24?

vlad

Yes via the serial interfact to 192.168.200.11 (the serial port on the local router.

I've since enabled RIP on all interfaces on both routers and am still getting thre same problem.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Mark

The obvious problem in the first post was that RIP was enabled on the FastEthernet but not on the Serial. If you have fixed that and are still having a problem then I believe that the next thing to check is whether the end stations on the LAN have the correct default gateway configured.

Could you post the output of show ip route from both routers to verify that both LANs are showing up in both routing tables?

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content