Views
Helpful
Replies

Router rebooting after ios upgrade

jeffbriones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have here a mc3810 router with fxs port. I tried upgrading the ios to enable voip support, but after upgrading and reloading the router, it kept on rebooting. what seems to be the problem ?

MC3810 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

program load complete, entry point: 0x23000, size: 0x11437c

Self decompressing the image : ################################################################################################################ [OK]

Cannot detect card in slot 3, change clocking to UIO:

Initialize Flash file system.....

total size = 8388608

flashfs[4]: 1 files, 1 directories

flashfs[4]: 1 orphaned files, 1 orphaned directories

flashfs[4]: Total bytes: 8128000

flashfs[4]: Bytes used: 8040960

flashfs[4]: Bytes available: 87040flashfs[4]: flashfs fsck took 21 seconds.

flashfs[4]: Initialization complete.

%PARSER-4-BADCFG: Unexpected end of configuration file.

%SYS-4-CONFIG_NEWER: Configuration from version 12.0 may not be correctly understoodRead file (flash:mc3810-a2isv5-mz.122-23f.bin) into ram (0x417330) ...

flashfs[4]: dostat, unable to lookup filemap for fileid 0!

Finished - 8102680 bytes

%SYS-6-BOOT_MESSAGES: Messages above this line are from the boot loader.

UART re-init OK (disable AUX port)

program load complete, entry point: 0x23000, size: 0x7ba1fc

Self decompressing the image

tnx

jeff

8 Replies 8

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

According to the Cisco.com, it require 64M DRAM, did you confirm there is sufficient memory in the router ?

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Is there any way i can revert the old ios ? Or is there any ios for mc3810 that supports voip that requires 32MB only ?

tnx.

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Use break sequence CNTRL + Break) to break the boot sequence of the router and it will boot to Rommon.

Once in rommon you can either use xmodem or TFTPdnld for uploading the original ios

Use the following links for more detials

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd0e.html

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/130/xmodem_generic.html

HTH

Narayan

Hi,

After following the instructions, the command tftpdnld did not respond.

rommon 9 > tftpdnld

monitor: command "tftpdnld" not found

rommon 10 > tftpdnld -r

monitor: command "tftpdnld" not found

jeff

If TFTP not work, try to use XMODEM to download the IOS.

Jeff,

If you use Xmodem please note this is really slow, you can best find the smallest ios available for this device and then do a normal upgrade after this.

- Please rate this post if it helps.

xmodem would be the best option for the IOS upgrade, in this situation, Eventhough it may time time to get it done. It uses the console cable to transfer data, Please check the bits per second thats Ideal for the device before transfering the IOS, and the doc could be available from the Cisco Site.

Hi guys,

I tried formatting the flash and then booting it. Then i did the normal ios transfer and it works well now. Thanks for all the help.

jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card