Views
Helpful
Replies

Router RV110W and PPPoE limit to 50Mbps

deviceai1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with my Cisco RV110W router. When I use it in gateway mode through PPPoE, it limit my internet speed to 50Mbps.

I have internet connection thought PPPoE from my ISP up to 100Mbps, and if I put lan cable directly to lan card in my PC, speed is about 89-95Mbps.

But if I use router, internet speed is limited exactly to 50Mbps.

I use the last firmware, and all settings set up to default.

I think, that it is limited inside in firmware and user cant change it.

Can you help me to change this value to 100Mbps, maybe some custom firmware?

Thanks for help, and sorry for my not so good english.

3 Replies 3

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Exactly 50Mb sounds like one of two things to me. You may want to check your duplex setting when the cable modem is connected. It should be 100/full. If it's 100/half, that could be the issue. If you are seeing full duplex, then it's possible you're hitting a limit on the router. There are higher class routers that Cisco has that barely support that much throughput even though they have 100Mb interfaces as well.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I have exactly the same problem.

Also connected trough PPPoE.

With the PC direct connected to the Fibre-Optic converter I get 60 Mb, but trough the router only 30 Mb

For the LAN ports, wether they are set to 100/FULL or AUTO NEGOTIATION, there is no difference.
But where can I set the WAN-port to 100/FULL??

hakim12help
Level 1
Level 1

j'ai eu le même problème. il faut désactiver mtu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card