Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router selection for OSPF

Hi Friends,

Plz suggest me is there a link which gives the information to select the router models for my network. I need to run ospf over 100 plus locations and under 5 aggregate locations.What series routers should I be using for my area 0 and other stub areas.

Thanks

Ravi

• WAN Routing and Switching
2 REPLIES

Re: Router selection for OSPF

Hello Ravi,

Selecting a router depends on some critical factors... how many WAN links are going to terminate on the DR ?? which type of WAN link ? you need to have the router with sufficient NM/WIC slots to support the total WAN infrastructure for the area 0 ... apart from that, estimate the number of routes, that your network will have.. I think most of the ISR's like 2800/3800, can be sufficient for such purpose, but check the datasheet on the IP routing table support for these routers....

Hope this helps.. let us know on the WAN and we would come to a conclusion of the router..

Raj

Re: Router selection for OSPF

Hi raj,

Thanks for the info. ABR's in my wan will have around 15-20 links comprised of Leased lines, BRI's, and MPLS over 3 ISPs.Area 0 routers will have around 1000 routes, probably 700 inter-area routes and 300 external routes and routers in stub area will have around 700 inter-area routes.

Thanks

Ravi

Views
Helpful
Replies