Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Router to Router Connection

I am trying to test the conenction between 2 router before I ship one out to a remote location. The connection will be a Ds1 circuit. Just a cold piece of copper. One router is an 1841 with a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 the other router is a 1602 with a WIC-1DSU-T1 wic.

I have tried a Cat 5 cross over and a straight through cable. Niether seem to work. When I use the cross over cable I get %QUICC_ETHER-1-LOSTCARR: Unit 0, lost carrier. Transceiver problem? errors.

Here is the Config from the 1841

interface Serial0/1/0

description Connected to Library Park Office

ip address 10.0.0.9 255.255.255.248

service-module t1 clock source internal

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable

Here is the config from the 1602

interface Serial1

description Connected to Countyline office

ip address 10.0.0.10 255.255.255.248

service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable

Can I not connect routers driectly together in this manner or is there something wrong with my config?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Router to Router Connection

A T1 uses pairs 1,2 and 4,5. The ethernet is 1,2 and 3,6 which is why that did not work. A crossover cable wired for T1 will get you going.

1 - 4

2 - 5

4 - 1

5 - 2

2 REPLIES
Blue

A T1 uses pairs 1,2 and 4,5. The ethernet is 1,2 and 3,6 which is why that did not work. A crossover cable wired for T1 will get you going.

1 - 4

2 - 5

4 - 1

5 - 2

Thankyou! I did not realize there was different types of crossover cables. Onceyou pointed out there was a T1 crossover I goggled it and found this

http://www.netopia.com/en-us/support/technotes/hardware/NIR_035.html?print=yes

Thanks againg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content