cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router with 8 serial ports

arturo_servin
Level 1
Level 1

I need to replace an old router that has 8 serial V.35 interfaces. I think that a 2800 would do the trick but I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-as

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whatch out about the NM-8A/S. It supports a max of 256 kbps in synchronous mode and that is not enough for most circuits.

For ISR router like the 2800 is now available the HWIC-4T and that is would be recommended.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

If you are talking about NM-8A/S then you can definitely make use of Cisco 2800 series boxes.

For more info on interfaces supported by Cisco 2800 do check this link out .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

regds

Whatch out about the NM-8A/S. It supports a max of 256 kbps in synchronous mode and that is not enough for most circuits.

For ISR router like the 2800 is now available the HWIC-4T and that is would be recommended.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the tip about the NM-8A/S. The circuits are 2 Mbps, so I will check the HWIC-4T. I imagine I can install 2 of them without problem.

You are welcome. The data sheet doesn't mention any limitation in number so you can install as many it fits.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: