cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router with 8 serial ports

arturo_servin
Level 1
Level 1

I need to replace an old router that has 8 serial V.35 interfaces. I think that a 2800 would do the trick but I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-as

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whatch out about the NM-8A/S. It supports a max of 256 kbps in synchronous mode and that is not enough for most circuits.

For ISR router like the 2800 is now available the HWIC-4T and that is would be recommended.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

If you are talking about NM-8A/S then you can definitely make use of Cisco 2800 series boxes.

For more info on interfaces supported by Cisco 2800 do check this link out .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

regds

Whatch out about the NM-8A/S. It supports a max of 256 kbps in synchronous mode and that is not enough for most circuits.

For ISR router like the 2800 is now available the HWIC-4T and that is would be recommended.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the tip about the NM-8A/S. The circuits are 2 Mbps, so I will check the HWIC-4T. I imagine I can install 2 of them without problem.

You are welcome. The data sheet doesn't mention any limitation in number so you can install as many it fits.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card