cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Calls Through Serial Ports

r.malhotra
Level 1
Level 1

I have three AS5300 Access Gateways. Right now i am using one of them and routing my calls thru serial port. The serial port of this is connected to the VSAT modem. Now i want to divide this further into two more Acess Gateways i.e. VSAT modem connected to one of the serial port of one AS5300 and then other two serial ports conneted to the serial port on another two access gateways.

Please let me know that can we route the calls in this way and if yes what would be the likely configuration.

Robin Malhotra

3 Replies 3

Thanks for your response. I am attaching the netwok topology i am trying to use. In this we have two AS5300 access gateways named SMINDS 1 and SMINDS 2. The one named VSAT is our VSAT modem. Now SMINDS 1 is connected to this VSAT modem through serial 0. And then we have two of our servers connected to this router thru E1. Now i want to use another AS5300 access gateway SMINDS 2.And connect it to SMINDS 1 through Serial interface. In that way the two servers will be connected to two independent routers. So how do i connect two routers i.e. SMINDS 1 and SMINDS 2 through serial ports. Please let me know if you can help me with the configuration also. Can i connect the two routers with a simple DCE cable ? If yes then will the calls get routed from Router 2 to router 1 ?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Robin Malhotra

Please if anybody knows how to do it please let me know as soon as possible.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card