cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing internet traffic to my internal network

markgro1981
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this, so I apologize if I'm unlcear in any way. I have a Cisco 2800 series router, and a range of IP addresses from an ISP. I want to connect one interface of the router to the internet, and route traffic to my internal network to a proxy server connected to a VLAN on a switch that is protecting a web server connected to a different VLAN on the same switch. As far as I know, I need to assign one of my internet addresses to the "external" interface on my proxy server, but this address is already on the external interface of the router, so how do I do this?

Thankss for any help.

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of the proxy for the internal networks by keeping the proxy in your local network address space and do a static nat in your router so that except your proxy none of the other devices gets access to the internet world.

You can do a one on one natting of the proxy ip address with the serial interface ip address or loopback address or individual public ip address provided by your sp.

you can refer the below link for more info on the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/tk438/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card