Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing issue between Primary & secondary

chaitu_kranthi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a Cisco 2821 router, on that we have primary link as verizon MPLS, and secondary link DMVPN, Primary MPLS link works on BGP, Secondary link works EIGRP.

the secondary link will be always up only but when ever the primay link fails then only it routes the traffic through secondary link.

Now the problem for me is when ever the primay link fails all the traffic is routing through secondary, but when ever my primary link comesup my traffic is no routing through MPLS

still it is going through DSL only.

During troubleshooting we observed that From the router traffic which is going from inside to outside is taking the MPLS path),

and from the outside to inside routes we are learing through eigrp ( (the traffic which is coming from outside to inside is taking the path of EIGRP).

Can some one help me on this.

Please find the attached config file.

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to troubleshoot the remote router's configuration as this router, per your statement, is taking the correct path.

__

Edison.

Yeah, and check to make sure that Eigrp is releasing that route or the tunnel on the remote end is actually down.

Are you injecting that VPN route back into the MPLS? If so you may need to change the origin and MED.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card