cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing issue

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network having 4 servers all connected to PIX 515 all of the devices have global IP pix is connecetd to DSL modem which also have global ip.

Now i have connecetd a router in parallel of pix so that those users accessing these servers from my remote office can use router to access it as configure vpn form my remote side but when ever user from my remote office access thers servers it passes through pix and not through router is thers any proper way to define a route

3 Replies 3

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

You have to define the routes on your PIX to divert the traffic from the remote office subnet through the router.

Where is your VPN terminating router or PIX.

If it is terminating on router then you have change the router on both the router and PIX. On pix set the route for the remote subnet to point towards router as the next hop.

HTH,

-amit singh

VPN is between two routers and what route do i have to define as well as y PIX is involved as i have to use either PIX or Router as Gateway can u tell me this route configuration with dummy ip as example

Hi Imran,

Please paste a current network digram and then we will tell you the exact routing to be set up in this scenario. Its a little confusing without that.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card