cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing policy doubt

rawatmohinder
Level 1
Level 1

Q:- Policy-based routing on a Cisco router _____.

A. uses extended IP access lists to define which interface the router should send packets out

B. is applied to incoming packets

C. uses standard IP access lists to define which interface the router should send packets out

D. is applied to outgoing packets

Regards

Mahi

4 Replies 4

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Mahi,

The answer would be all of the above depending on which way you wanted to look at it. But if I had to choose one I would say "B".

A. can use exteded access-lists to define which interface or next hop ip address to send packets out or to.

B. your policy map is applied to the interface for incoming packets. This is the only absolute true answer here, where the rest are partial truths.

C. can use standard access-list to define which interface or next hop ip address to send packets out or to.

D. may not necesary be applied to outgoing packets but it effects which way the packets go out. So realistically in the context of the question this is probably wrong.

Patrick

Please remember to rate any posts that are helpful.

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Mahi,

The answer would be all of the above depending on which way you wanted to look at it. But if I had to choose one I would say "B".

A. can use exteded access-lists to define which interface or next hop ip address to send packets out or to.

B. your policy map is applied to the interface for incoming packets. This is the only absolute true answer here, where the rest are partial truths.

C. can use standard access-list to define which interface or next hop ip address to send packets out or to.

D. may not necesary be applied to outgoing packets but it effects which way the packets go out. So realistically in the context of the question this is probably wrong.

Patrick

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Mahi,

Patrick

Sorry about the repeats The forums are being slow and I couldn't tell if it had contacted the server.

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card