Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing question on ASA 5510

Good Morning,

Is there a way on the Cisco 5510 Security Appliance to enter some routing that would route a specific Private IP to a Specific Public IP.

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?  I need everything sent on 10.1.0.23 to go to 159.xxx.xxx.20.

I need to do this for about 15 addresses and I have learned that I cannot just redirect the entire 10.1.0.0 subnet to a specific IP.

Any help sure is appreciated.

Thanks

--Joe

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Routing question on ASA 5510

joseph@sec.state.vt.us

Good Morning,

Is there a way on the Cisco 5510 Security Appliance to enter some routing that would route a specific Private IP to a Specific Public IP.

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?

I need to do this for about 15 addresses and I have learned that I cannot just redirect the entire 10.1.0.0 subnet to a specific IP.

Thanks

--Joe

Joe

Sorry but no you can't do this for the same reasons i explained before. If you have to do this then you need a router and not an ASA.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but your device just can't do that.

Jon

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

joseph@sec.state.vt.us

Good Morning,

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?

Thanks

--Joe

Joe

Sorry but no you can't do this for the same reasons i explained before. If you have to do this then you need a router and not an ASA.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but your device just can't do that.

Jon

Jon,

I was afraid that would be the case.  I was looking at the routing tables with the Show Route command and thought perhaps there was a way, after all, it has other routes.

How can something this easy be so difficult.

Thanks

--Joe

Views
Helpful
Replies